Money Matters is a harm reduction Financial Literacy program that assists individuals expressing a need for some financial assistance, as one may be experiencing challenges with money management. This program supports adults who are marginalized, struggle with their substance use, are experiencing mental health challenges, are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Our goal is to support individuals with reaching self-identified goals and improve their quality of life. The Money Matters Program recognizes our participant`s competency and individuality and therefore our services are flexible and personalized. All participants are treated with dignity, equity, and are included in all financial plans and decisions.
Unfortunately Money Matters cannot offer support to individuals who are already in the care of the Public Guardian or have entered into any legal agreement to have another individual act as their trustee (for example; a family member acting as a financial Power Of Attorney).
The Money Matters program goal is to:
- Improve health and social outcomes
- Assist participants to reach self-directed goals
- Assist participants with maintaining housing
- Supporting participants to manage their money effectively
- Reduce harms associated with risky behavior
- Support individuals to graduate from our program