Working at PARC
PARC is a social service agency that works with members on issues of poverty, mental health, substance use, houselessness and food security.
Canada Summer Jobs 2023 – HR/Admin Assistant
This position is for youth 15-30 years of age and is funded by a contribution from the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Reporting to the Manager, HR, this role provides administrative support to PARC’s HR, property management, and finance departments. A high degree of detail is required and exceptional communication and administrative organizational skills are required.
You will receive a detailed orientation on workplace health and safety including all office equipment and its safe use. You will receive training in WHMIS, AODA, and risk assessment.
Position Title: HR/Admin Assistant
Number of positions: 1
Position type: 35 hours/week
Contract period: 8 weeks
Salary: $21.00 /hour
Posting Date: May 09, 2023
Provide direct administrative and office management support to HR, RD, Property Management, and finance departments as directed by verbal or written instruction
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide data entry support
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees
- Provide general support to the management team
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Perform other duties as requested from time to time.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Please send your resume/cover letter:
Subject line: Canada Summer Jobs Students
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
For all other available roles at PARC please visit our Charity Village page to apply.
Parkdale Activity-Recreation Centre (PARC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates with lived experience of poverty or contact with the psychiatric system and candidates from other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.