In the Heart of Parkdale for over 40 Years.
PARC began in 1977 when a group of volunteers observed the large number of adults living in Parkdale rooming and boarding houses. Many were survivors of the psychiatric system, had little money, few family contacts and no real place to go and connect with peers. On March 17th 1980 PARC opened its doors as a pilot community mental health program.
Our passion for providing member-driven programming, employment, food security, social space and safe supportive affordable housing, has evolved and grown to meet our members’ needs for over 40 years.
A community where people rebuild their lives.
We work with people who live with mental health and substance
use challenges. They may also struggle with issues related to
poverty such as houselessness and food insecurity. We have a
drop-in centre with social, art and recreation activities, and offer a
wide range of services and programs including housing, financial,
employment and outreach support.
The simple act of walking through our doors is what makes a person
a PARC member – choosing to give back, create and grow is how
members contribute and build community.
Everyone living with dignity and safety, with enough resources to
explore and achieve their potential.
Respect | Dignity | Inclusion | Compassion | Caring | Kindness | Trust
What Guides our Work
Belonging: PARC is a community with open doors that welcomes people.
Healing and Health: PARC is a place where people rebuild their lives with
opportunities to share and learn.
End Poverty: PARC focuses on the individuals affected and the systemic practices that produce poverty.
Human Rights: PARC works to challenge oppression that renders people vulnerable.
We are Committed to:
- The health, well-being, and recovery of PARC’s members, tenants, and staff.
- Placing safety and inclusion at the centre of everything we do.
- Social justice and challenging systems of oppression.
- Diversity in leadership, staff and services to meet the needs of PARC.
- A supportive housing model helping people feel connected and hold a meaningful place in the community.
- Being consistent, clear and transparent in our communications.
- Investing in organizational training, structures, systems and process.
- Collaborating with PARC partners, our local community and neighbours to deliver on our mission.
Sign up for all our latest news as we continue to adapt and grow based on our members’ needs.
PARC Gratefully Acknowledges
PARC acts as a hub and meeting place for various agencies, enterprises and partners who strive to create lasting social change in Parkdale and beyond.