Peer Shelter Support Program
The Peer Shelter Support Program provides meaningful opportunities for people with lived experience of homelessness.
It aims to provide emotional and social support to members who have similar histories of lived experience. Members and shelter clients work together to gain a sense of hope for their personal recovery.
This program is focuses on:
- building relationships between shelter residents and PARC members
- delivering workshops and presentations
- providing harm reduction information,
- providing informal referrals for services and programs
- day to day advocacy for those experiencing homelessness
Can You Apply
This program is for participating City of Toronto shelters and their residents, PARC drop-in and housing members.
- Participating City of Toronto shelters and their residents
How To Apply
Staff are available to meet or speak with program participants by appointment or drop-in Mon-Friday during our current hours.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, contact XXX at PARC.
The Shelter Peer Support Program varies based on site needs. It can be facilitated onsite at PARC or in shelter via workshops, one to one member engagement, and/or adding on to existing programs.