This is because your body is amazing.
- Your body moves 6000 ml of oxygen per minute just by standing still.
- Your body could move $6,000 toward essential PARC programs in the community.
How can your amazing body do this?
By showing your community spirit with PARC at this year’s Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. PARC has been chosen as the official charity to represent Parkdale/Roncesvalles in the Neighbourhood Challenge. Whether you’re a Parkdalien or you just love the hood we want your involvement with the community at this important event!
This event has the potential to keep PARC programs running that without additional funding would otherwise have to be cut. There are many ways to be a part of it, here’s some more info:
- Are you a runner or a walker? You can walk or run in the 5K or runners can enter in the half or full marathon. Click here to join Team PARC and start receiving pledges. To register at the discounted charity rate use PARC’s code: 11SGCC
- Not a runner? We have four Neighbourhood Champions who have chosen to run and receive pledges for PARC in this year’s marathon. Each person has a unique story, and their own reasons for why they are running for PARC. To sponsor a runner and learn more about who they are, check out our marathon page here. Over the next few weeks we will be speaking to our champions about what inspires them, check back here for updates.
- OR… Show your neighbourhood pride by supporting PARC at our cheering booth on race day. Scotiabank awards $6000 dollars to the charity representing the neighbourhood booth that has the most people, best entertainment and vibrant displays. So come down and celebrate with us at our MARDI GRAS themed cheering booth located on the Lakeshore in front of the Boulevard Club, anytime between 9:00am – 12:00pm on Sunday October 16th, 2011. Click here for more location details, info on our live band and more.