The Members Bill of Rights describes many of the core values, beliefs and daily practice guidelines found within the PARC Community. Among its directions and intents are the following:
- Protects the rights of vulnerable members who are unsure of their own voice.
- Promotes individual choice & personal autonomy in accepting or refusing PARC services and supports.
- Directs membership support be a voluntary process motivated by encouragement and understanding.
- Describes PARC commitments and accountability to the PARC general membership.
- Affirms the importance of each individual member’s life experience as a means for personal learning and change
- Affirms members’ right to live their own lives.
- Encourages members to be assertive and to care for self.
- Encourages members to care for and seek understanding of others.
- Promotes the development of a healthy and safe PARC community for members and staff.
To read more please check out our PARC Members Bill of Rights Handbook