Street art by Bareket Kezwer – @bkez on Instagram
*Please check back often as this page is continually being updated*
In the last week, we served over 2,300 meals!
As an essential service, PARC is one of the few places still open and serving nutritious meals during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our dedicated staff teams are working extremely hard to respond to the emerging needs of our members during this difficult situation.
This isn’t easy, and we are doing our best to take care of our community.
If you are in need of immediate food access and are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have come in contact with someone with symptoms, please do not visit PARC. Instead, please ask a friend or family member to do so for you or get in touch with Parkdale People’s Economy Mutual Aid page to connect with a Neighbourhood Pod.
As of Saturday, April 4, PARC is providing drop-in services to homeless individuals and meal-to-go to those who have an address, as well as case management services and supportive housing to our members and tenants.
- Our drop-in is open the posted hours for individuals who are homeless or so under-housed that they require our assistance to remain safe.
- Drop-In Hours
- Monday to Thursday 9 am to 1 pm
- Friday 12:30-4:30
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 11 am to 3 pm
- Drop-In Hours
- We are screening everyone who is seeking access to the drop-in to ensure the health and well-being of staff and members.
- Local artist and mural painter Bareket Kezwer painted physical distancing hearts in front of the Drop-In to help folks stay 2 metres apart when in line.
- We are available for information, working with partners and helping with community initiatives as they are identified with the caveat that our staffing resources are stretched.
- We are supporting our tenants in our supportive housing, checking in on them and helping to get food to them, and supporting folks to keep their health well.
- TSB, our property maintenance and management social enterprise, is providing diligent cleaning and highest priority maintenance/repairs.
- We are receiving deliveries and supporting the Parkdale Community Food Bank as they provide hampers to people on the street.
- Parkdale People’s Economy is supporting the coordination of a Parkdale Neighbourhood Pod Mutual Aid Network.
Support for PARC
If you would like to support our work, monetary donations are the most efficient way. This allows us to purchase the exact supplies we urgently need on short notice. We also have purchasing relationships with suppliers, so we can buy items at a lower price than retail customers.
You can support PARC with a monetary gift to ensure that our incredible frontline workers are able to keep the kitchen stocked, the drop-in is diligently cleaned and sanitized, and supportive services are provided to our members and tenants.