Ride 4 Real Food 4 All
Our 2nd Annual Bike-a-thon is back! Come register to be a Rider 4 Real Food 4 All, ride up to McVean Farm for a farm tour, feast from the fields, and raise funds to make healthy food accessible to all.
What is the Ride 4 Real Food 4 All?
- The Ride 4 Real Food 4 All is WEFC’s 2nd Annual Bike-a-thon in which riders register and get sponsors to pledge them in their ride. This year we have multiple routes to suit a wide variety of riding skills, and all routes end up at McVean Farm (a FarmStart initiative) for a feast, farm tours, and other fun!
- Help improve food security in Parkdale!
- Riders will contribute to the West End Food Co-op (WEFC) and Parkdale Activity and Recreation Centre’s (PARC) food programming, and make healthy food more accessible to everyone
- Enjoy a scenic bike ride!
- Riders can choose one of three great routes: A 30km ride primarily through Toronto’s scenic parks, starting at Etienne Brule Park and finishing at Farmstart/McVean; a 50km loop starting and finishing at Farmstart/McVean; or a 100km loop starting and finishing at Farmstart/McVean
- Meet WEFC member farmers from FarmStart/McVean (including Bob Baloch from The Fresh Veggies!) and go on a farm tour
- Eat a healthy and delicious lunch at Farmstart/McVean Farms, made with fresh, local, organic foods
- Enjoy live music, entertainment, and children’s activities
Why support the Ride 4 Real Food 4 All?
All proceeds will go to the PARC Co-op Cred Program, a food security accessibility tool created in partnership with the West End Food Coop so that PARC members can participate in the health benefits of local, organic and sustainable food offered by our local food cooperative