The true meaning of PARC is reflected in our mission: “A community where people rebuild their lives”.
PARC imagines a world where everyone lives with dignity, safety and there are enough resources for everyone to achieve their potential.
- Welcome people: PARC is a safe community with open doors.
- End poverty: PARC focuses on both the individuals affected and on the systemic practices that produce poverty.
- Human rights: PARC is committed to challenging oppression that renders people vulnerable.
- Healing and Health: PARC encourages engagement with opportunities to share and learn, a community where people rebuild their lives.
Our Strategic Planning Process
The journey to identify PARC’s directions over the next four years has been a collective
process. To help us make smarter and more meaningful decisions in the future, The Strategic
Planning Team have embraced the wonder and complexity of our community.
We have sought input from as many diverse perspectives as possible, including our current
members, prospective members, organizational partners, staff, funders, donors, and
There is no single agency that can take on the task of rebuilding lives; we need to work
together to build vital and ever-evolving communities. We developed our strategic plan with
the same collaborative tool-kit that will characterize the future of our work.
Our planning happened in three stages:
- In stage one, we turned our gaze inwards, and held in-depth interviews with staff across
all of PARC’s service areas. We paused to reflect on these integral findings.
- In stage two, we gathered and analyzed data from our organizational partners,
external community members, current PARC members, and funders. We had over 100
conversations with diverse membes in PARC and out in the community. We held two
town hall forums where we presented the information back to our members and partners.
- In stage three, we wove all of these vital voices and perspectives together and created
this tapestry of five key strategic priorities.
We wanted to make sure that we genuinely understood the needs of our stakeholders, and
could articulate their needs clearly. We will be uploading more details on our methodology
to our website.